From the Midtown Global Market's newsletter:
Kick off the holiday season with Do It Green! Minnesota's 6th Annual Green Gifts Fair on Saturday, November 19th from 10am0in at Midtown Global Market on Lake Street and 10th Avenue in Minneapolis. Shop among 70+ local, eco-friendly artists and businesses, catch the eco fashion show, cooking demonstrations, kids activities, and learn how to entertain green this holiday season. At the fair, pick up the new 2012 edition of Do It Green! Magazine. This is a free, fun family event with an estimated attendance of over 5,000. Visit www.doitgreen.org for more details.
2012 Do It Green! Magazine Launch
The Green Gifts Fair event launches the new 2012 Do It Green! Magazine titled the "Ultimate Sustainable Living Toolbox". This issue combines over 100 of our most popular articles over the past eleven years in updated versions, and many new articles. From A to Z you will learn about sustainable living for home, business, and community life in Minnesota. This guide is the perfect holiday gift for the ecologically-minded. Do It Green! Magazine will be available for $8 at the Green Gifts Fair and then at sold at over 75 local businesses.
Activities at the Green Gifts Fair
NEW This year:
* Test your toys for lead brought to you by the City of Minneapolis
* Holiday demos including; soy candle making, ice lantern making and other eco gift ideas
* Recycle your holiday lights through the Recycling Association of Minnesota
* 70 + local green retailers and vendors selling green, recycled, fair trade and local gifts
* Launch of the 2012 Do It Green! Magazine themed "The Ultimate Toolbox for Sustainable Living"
* Eco fashion show
* Holiday cooking demos with local chefs and taste testing with Kitchen in the Market
* Sew your own cloth gift bag or tote bag with the American Sewing Guild
* Learn out how to host green holiday gatherings
* Eco holiday tree options display
* Make a non-toxic cleaner to take home and learn about reducing toxins with Preventing Harm Minnesota
About Do It Green! Minnesota
Do It Green! Minnesota is the publisher of Do It Green! Magazine, the host of the Do It Green! Gifts Fair and the Do It Green! Resource Center inside Midtown Global Market. Visit us at www.doitgreen.org.
Green Gifts Fair Sponsors include: Midtown Global Market, KFAI Radio, City Pages, Metro Transit, and Yelp.